Plano Domestic Partnership Dissolution Attorneys
From a legal perspective, ending a domestic partnership is similar to ending a marriage. Many of the same issues apply such as asset and debt division, child custody, and child support. It is important to ensure that these issues are addressed accurately and promptly.
If you have entered into a domestic partnership and now wish to end it, you should seek advice and guidance from an experienced family law attorney. At the law office of Laurence A. DePlaza, P.C., our Plano domestic partnership dissolution lawyers aim to protect our clients’ personal, financial, and legal interests. Contact us online to schedule a consultation to discuss your specific concerns.
Addressing Legal Issues in Domestic Partnership Dissolution
Our domestic partnership dissolution lawyers in Plano, Texas, help you address the following issues during the dissolution of your domestic partnership:
- Dividing property, including cars, shared bank accounts, retirement funds, homes, and other property
- Dividing debts accumulated during the duration of the domestic partnership
- Determining child custody if the couple had children together or adopted children
- Determining child support Link to Child support
- Challenging or enforcing the terms of a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement Link to Prenuptial agreements
We will help you settle these and other legal issues that may apply through mediation or another method. If we cannot settle these matters out of court, you can trust that we will fight for your rights. Throughout the legal process, we will stay focused on your needs and goals, and the best interests of any children involved.
Contact Attorneys Serving Dallas, Southlake, and Allen, Texas
To learn more about the legal process of ending a domestic partnership, please contact our law firm Link to Contact Us to speak to a lawyer. Call 972-380-4222. We handle domestic partnership dissolutions in Plano, Dallas, Allen, Grapevine, Keller, Frisco, McKinney, and other surrounding cities in North Texas.