Divorce Planning Lawyer
If you are reasonably certain that your marriage is over, you owe it to yourself and your family to get a clear understanding of just what divorce is all about. At the law office of Laurence A. DePlaza, P.C., our divorce planning attorneys address a full range of problems and issues before the divorce petition is filed. We offer legal advice to help you understand all the basic elements of your divorce so that you know what to expect and can start analyzing your various legal options.
Divorce Planning in Plano, Dallas, Allen, Frisco, McKinney & Throughout North Texas
Our Plano divorce planning attorneys work closely with you prior to divorce to make sure that you have a solid understanding of your legal rights and responsibilities with respect to property, support, and access to your children. We can help you gather basic information about your assets and liabilities. We also assist with identifying and planning for potential problems concerning child custody and visitation. We proudly serve clients throughout North Texas including cities and towns such as, Frisco, Allen, Plano, Dallas, Colleyville, Grapevine, Southlake, and more.
Divorce Planning Tasks
At the law office of Laurence A. DePlaza, P.C., we help with many specific tasks, including:
- Assembling and interpreting financial documents
- Performing preliminary valuations of family business assets, partnership interests, or unique assets such as art collections or classic cars
- Advising you about the enforceability and effect of prenuptial agreement terms
- Developing sound opinions as to whether particular assets will be regarded as marital property to be divided or as separate property to be excluded from the marital estate
- Gathering information about each spouse’s strengths and weaknesses as a parent for insight into possible child custody and visitation issues
- Identifying counseling or therapy resources for clients with special needs or problems, as well as services for your children
Why Divorce Planning Is Important
Many people know very little about the Texas statutes and rules relating to the division of property, the resolution of child custody or child support issues, or a spouse’s eligibility for support (alimony). Even in high net worth divorces, one party may know very little about the family finances or investments, because the other spouse or advisors handle these matters.
Proper divorce planning and review of your circumstances prior to filing for divorce can give you an advantage in disputes over marital property or child custody issues. It can also protect your interests and help you define your objectives, as well as help you plan for your life after divorce.
Contact a Texas Divorce and Financial Planning Attorney
While preparing for the division of property is part of the process, divorce planning is more than the manipulation of assets. It is a means to prepare for the dissolution of your marriage and protect your interests.
To learn how you can benefit from divorce planning and preparation without compromising any ethical values or principles of fairness, contact a family law attorney at our office in Plano.
Attorney Laurence DePlaza is an Av-rated* Collin County divorce lawyer known for his tough advocacy and aggressive approach to protecting clients’ rights and interests.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.