Complex Property Division for Divorce
At The Law Office of Laurence A. DePlaza, P.C., our divorce attorneys are committed to the preparation of community property division problems in complex or high net worth divorce cases. With more than 20 years of experience, our lead attorney Laurence DePlaza knows what it takes to reach a fair property division agreement. He will tenaciously protect your financial interests in these matters.
To learn more about our ability to protect and advance your interests in contested asset distribution matters, please contact us to schedule a confidential consultation.
Protecting Your Marital Property Interests
We take the initiative for our clients through the identification of asset values and potential points of conflict during the divorce planning process prior to filing the petition. This gives our clients an advantage because they gain a good understanding of their rights and responsibilities with respect to marital property upfront.
For those responding to a divorce petition, our strong advocacy and experience in these issues puts them on an even playing field as the spouse who had time to consider property matters prior to filing the petition. We understand complex property division and can help them make the decisions that will put them in a favorable position after the divorce is final.
Our Plano property division lawyers advise clients and protect their position in complex property division issues, including:
- Proper characterization of particular assets as marital or separate property
- Enforcing or challenging the terms of a prenuptial agreement
- Checking the accuracy of your spouse’s income and asset disclosures
- Making sure that property such as family business assets, interests in closely held corporations, real estate investments, or collectibles is properly characterized and valued
- Tracing and recovering marital property that your spouse concealed, unlawfully transferred, or failed to disclose
- Preparing and filing qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) for pensions, 401(k)s and other retirement accounts
The Resources to Protect Your Property Interests
The resolution of complex property division matters can be highly technical. In divorces involving substantial assets – such as pro-athlete divorces – it is often the most divisive and emotionally charged part of the case. Our attorneys work closely with experts from many different fields – real estate, forensic accounting, business valuation, asset tracing, tax planning, and even auction houses – so that your position is supported by the most credible and persuasive evidence available.
While we strive to resolve these issues through mediation and other collaborative methods, as skilled litigators we are prepared to fight for your interests in court.
Contact Our Divorce Lawyers
Contact an AV-rated* family law attorney at The Law Office of Laurence A. DePlaza, P.C.. We offer experienced and dependable client service on any community property characterization issue or complex property division problem in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.